Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 am Post subject: Strange circumstances of a 2004 Polaris 330 Magnum
I have a 2004 Polaris 330 Magnum with the following problem:
1. Dipstick / oil cap went missing. I covered the hole and didn't drive it until I got a replacement.
2. It will start, but soon the light flashes and it screams 'HOT' and 'Check Engine'. These lights go off for a few seconds, then on again, etc.
3. It had enough oil, but I topped it off.
4. I replaced a fouled spark plug.
5. Still getting the same messages.
I only know basic troubleshooting, and live in a corner of Alaska where I can't just haul it in to a mechanic. I'd appreciate suggestions on what may be causing this, what I can do, or even how to learn more about small engines ('For Dummies').