Complete Fiberglass Vault System
The J-Vault™ is a fiberglass shell that was designed to house a flood control system. The primary shell comes in four parts. There is the cone, sidewall, ladder and foundation ring. Optional components include a fiberglass sump basin and three different man-hole cover choices.
Features and Benefits:
- Available in 48 in. diameter
- Depths available up to 12 feet
- Winding process is computer controlled for accuracy, consistent thinkness and extraordinary strength
- Manufactured to the ASTM D 3753: Standard Specification for Glass - Fiber - Reinforced Polyester Manholes and Wet Wells
- Designed to withstand wall collapse or buckling based on: Hydrostatic pressure of 62.4 lbs. per square foot, saturated soil weight of 120 lbs. per cubic foot and soil modulus of 700 lbs. per square foot
- Tensile strength of 100,000 to 150,000 PSI
#1 Easy to Install
- Takes less time and fewer man-power compared to cement block or pre-cast flood vaults.
- Can be installed in tighter places.
- Makes it easier to avoid obstacles such as sidewalks, fences, gas lines, water mains, etc.
- Eliminates the need to use heavy equipment which can cause extensive damage to the home owners property.
#2 Extremely Durable
- The system can last over 75 years compared to 25 years for a concrete vault.
- It cannot absorb water, which means NO freeze cracking.
#3 Green Technology
- There is NO water infiltration through the fiberglass walls in a pressurized sewer situation or from natural ground water.
#4 Efficient Design
- The final product has a permanent solvent welded joint to prevent leakage.
- The electrical outlet is better positioned, which makes for a better seal around the connection into the vault.
- The entrance ladder allows for easy access to the vault for pump maintainance purposes.
#5 Clean Appearance
- The finished product is cleaner and neater. The home owners yard is not torn up after installation.
- It is brighter inside the vault when doing maintenance work or observation.